Phong Nha – Hang Nuoc Nut – Phong Nha
The tour bus will pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha at around 8:00AM to 8:30 AM on the departure date before heading to Oxalis Adventure headquarters located right next to Son River. You then will collect your equipment; attend the safety briefing & sign on the Release Form before getting back on the bus at 9:30AM for another 30-minute drive deeper to the National Park to the drop-off point.
From the trailhead, the team will get off the bus and start trekking through the jungle. You will spend about an hour to trek through Lang Va valley, learn about the biodiversity of flora and fauna in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park before stopping by the Nuoc Nut Cave entrance to have a short break and picnic lunch. A mouth-watering jungle-styled lunch has been prepared for everyone by porter team.
Back to the journey at around 12:30PM to travel deeper into the cave, you will meet a small entrance opening up to a much larger cave inside. Everyone will be asked to put on your Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps before proceeding deeper into the cave. Once inside the low opening, the cave enlarges dramatically and there will be many of excellent photographic opportunities. This is a wonderful chance for you and the team to witness the marvelous formations, enormous passage with underground river. During this time, if you’re lucky enough, a natural sunbeam will be seen around this area. After spending about 3 hours to exploring Nuoc Nut Cave, you’ll finish the day trekking back through the jungle to the pick-up point before getting on the bus head back to Oxalis Headquarters. Depart Oxalis at 4:30PM and you will be dropped at your hotel upon your request.
PRICE FOR PER PERSON: 72USD
(Applied for group of 12 people. Less than 12 people, please contact us)
The adventure level of Nuoc Nut cave trek is considered easy for anyone and kids at good physically fit and who participates in regular outdoor activities. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease :
- 5 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- 2 km caving in river caves (cold water, 17 degree Celcius, knee deep)
- Short swimming (from February to April every year)
- 1 day in jungle and cave of National Park
Oxalis Adventure Tours staff (cave expert or guide) reserves the right to decline, accept or retain any person as a member of any party at any time without compensation or refund due to safety issue.
We will provide you with the following:
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves and life-vests.
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
Please also bring with you the following:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera