VL1-HT3: HANG TIEN EXPLORATION 3D2N
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Secret Cave – Hung Ton Cave – La Ken Campsite
Our company bus will collect you from your hotel in Phong Nha, between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning. We will transport you another 70 kilometers to our Tan Hoa Office. Here you will have the very important safety briefing.
You will pack your essential gear, learn about safety; sign our Release Form and prepare for your adventure. Trek through pretty peanut & corn fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River. This area is superbly featured on the Hollywood blockbuster movie named Kong: Skull Island.
Once across the river, you and your team will climb a small hill towards Secret Cave at 10:30AM. The cave will surely amaze you with its outstanding formations. You then spend about an hour inside the cave before trekking another hour to Hung Ton Cave. By twelve thirty midday, you will be ready for your tasty riverside lunch at the Hung Ton Cave’s entrance. Delicious food will give you plenty of energy for the next part of this adventure.
The squad will then enjoy about two hours exploring this marvelous cave before swimming out to To Mo Valley. At 3PM, you will follow the guide to climb through Lom Com Mountain to reach the La Ken campsite, located by the Rao Nan River by 4:30 PM. Now is the time to enjoy a quick swim before your freshly prepared dinner. Under a thousand stars of the Tu Lan sky, you will then easily fall to sleep, dreaming of tomorrow’s promising adventures.
Day 2: La Ken Valley – Hung Nhai – Mooc Lagoon – Tien Campsite
Cooking aromas and welcoming smiles from your porter team will kick start your day, in a very special way. Breakfast, complete with your morning cuppa will prepare you, ready to break camp by 8am, to go in search of further wonders.
You and the team will need to trek and climb over hills before reaching the beautiful waterfall, where a splendid lunch awaits you.
Getting back on track by 12:00 pm, the guide will lead your trek though Hung Nhai Valley. Enjoy its fertile valleys; breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy every moment of it. You then will reach a tranquil magnificent blue lagoon located right in the middle of the jungle surrounded by rocks. This kind of scenery is rare in the world, it makes you wish you could stop the time and live in this moment forever.
Take you time to enjoy a refreshing swim or moments to take some great photos when the sun goes down. While you set up camp and change into dry clothing, the porters will prepare a fulfilling BBQ dinner for you. The lullaby of the water will soothe you to sleep, and again you can dream of tomorrow.
Our Hang Tien Exploration is moderate for anyone who considers themselves plysically fit and participates in regular outdoor activities, but difficult for anyone with limited outdoor experience.
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities, you have basic trekking experiece and are able to swim before taking part in the adventure
- 22km jungle and mountain trekking. Rocky terrain
- 6.5km caving
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 3 days and 2 nights in jungle and caves
- Requirement: Basic trekking experience
Oxalis will provide:
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, pillow, mattresses
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves; safety harness; ropes..
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches, dinner (day 1 & 2), breakfast (day 2 & 3)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
You need to prepare:
- 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1-2 pair of short and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
- 1 pair of good-gripping and non-waterproof trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2-3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
If you are trekking in the colder months (November – March) please bring additional warm clothes for the evening and an extra change of long pants and shirt for swimming.