Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang Uy
Your first day begins in Phong Nha with pickup from your local hotel around 7:30 – 8:00 am. From 8:00 – 9:30 am, you’ll make your way to Oxalis’s Tan Hoa office, where you will learn all about safety measures, collect your gear, and sign our Release Form before departure at 10:30 am. The first part of the walk is tricky with 1 hour trekking uphill and then a hike down alongside the river. You will make a stop for lunch at around 1:00 – 1:30 pm. At 2:00 pm, you’ll cross the river and follow the path to Hang Uy, a young dry cave named with one of our safety guide assistant. This cave visit requires good rock scrambling skill over a sharp steep hill of 20 m up to the cave entrance.
Around 4:00 pm, make your way out of Hang Uy and trek upriver to the campsite. Camp is located next to a beautiful natural jungle pool. Here you’ll be able to enjoy a refreshing swim and time to take some great photos before the sun goes down. While you set up camp, the porters will prepare a fulfilling BBQ dinner for you to gain energy for your upcoming exploration of Hang Tien 1 and Hang Tien 2 the following day.
Day 2: Hang Tien 1 – Hang Tien 2 – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
Wake up in your jungle campsite to breakfast prepared bright and early by the porter team. After enjoying breakfast, you’ll need to climb over a field of boulders before being greeted by the sight of Hang Tien 1 around 9:00 am. Within Hang Tien 1, about 50 m inside the entrance, lays a large chamber where the ceiling is beautifully patterned. The cave has two sections, one on the right side which goes deep down and we will pass on the left-hand side with many gour pools. Pushing forward, the tour will continue through most of Hang Tien 1 and up a ladder, from which the exit of Hang Tien 1 will be visible. The exit will be reached around 11:00 am.
Trek through the jungle for thirty minutes and at 11:30 am, you’ll head back into the subterranean world known as Hang Tien 2. Here you’ll find many formations and you’ll trek about 300 m into the cave, before making your way out, back through the exit of Hang Tien 1. Enjoy a picnic lunch.
The next couple of hours will be filled with your return trek to the road, where cold drinks will await you. Arrive back at the office around 4:00 pm, where you’ll have time to shower and change into fresh clothes before heading back to Phong Nha. The endeavor will end at 6:30 pm in Phong Nha.
PRICE FOR PER PERSON: 283USD
(Applied for group of 9-25 people)
Hang Tien Endeavor is a moderate trek due to the rocky terrain in the thickness and humidity of tropical jungle. It requires you to have good physical fitness with outdoor and trekking experience. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities before taking part in the tour.
- 13 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- river crossings
- 5 km caving
- 2 days and 1 night camping in the jungle
Any member of the Oxalis guide team reserves the right to turn around any person at any time without compensation or refund as deemed necessary for safety or conservation reasons.
We will provide you with the following:
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Caving & Safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches, dinner (day 1), breakfast (day 2)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phone and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras) depending on water level
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
Please also bring with you the following:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swimsuit
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well
- 1 pair of flip-flops (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2 – 3 pairs of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
If you are trekking in the colder months (November to March) please bring additional warm clothes for the evening and extra change of long pants and shirt for swimming.